Yoga has been around for centuries and it’s health benefits are well recognized within the medical and health field, but what about this new trend for face yoga? Does it really work or is just another anti-aging health fad?
Yoga benefits the entire body
Yoga teaches us that the key to a long, healthy life, requires that we need to learn to take a break from our day-to-day life and give our mind and bodies some attention. Yoga balances the mind, body and soul, releasing our body’s stress. Stress has been identified as one of the main reasons for early onset aging and is often seen in our face first.
Yoga also coincides with the laws of physics: for every action, there is an opposite reaction. Let's be honest, those wrinkles and sagging cheeks on your face are a result of gravity. Even the stunning Marilyn Monroe stated this fact when she said, "Eventually gravity catches up with all of us."
But we can fight these signs of aging caused by stress by exercising the 52 different facial muscles. Face yoga helps to release tension and strain that cause those unwanted wrinkles. The more you exercise those muscles, the sooner you will have a healthier complexion due to the improved blood circulation.
So, if you are looking for a cheap alternative to invasive and chemical cosmetic anti-aging treatments, then look no further. Try our these seven simple anti-aging facial exercises to say goodbye, once and for all to your double chin, chubby cheeks or wrinkles:
Extremely simple facial exercises
- Stick your tongue out: Stick you tongue out as far as possible and hold this position for one minute. Repeat 3 times.
- Puff out your cheeks: With your mouth closed, puff up your cheeks with air and move the air from one cheek to the other, repeat this five times and then release the air by opening your mouth into a large "O" shape. Repeat this exercise three to five times. This will help keep your cheeks supple and firm.
- Look up to the ceiling: Look up towards the ceiling and pucker up, as if you are about to kiss someone. Hold this position for 5 seconds and repeat 5 times. If you want a more prominent jawline and high cheekbones, then stick your tongue out while doing this exercise. Remember to return to the neutral position before repeating the exercise.
- "Oh" exercise: By dropping your jaw to form a small "O" shaped mouth. Once your month is in the "O" shape, widen your lips into a large "O" shaped smile. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Fish face: Suck in your lips into the inside of your cheeks, between the sides of your teeth. Repeat this exercise five times, holding for 60 seconds each time. This helps to tone and firm up your lips and cheeks.
- Say goodbye to crow's feet: Crow's feet are those little ugly wrinkles around your eyes. Open your eyes as wide as possible and with the palms of your hand, pull the your forehead’s skin back towards your scalp. Hold for sixty seconds each time. Repeat five times.
- Say goodbye to that double chin: Bend your head to the right side and hold for a few seconds, allowing the muscles in your neck to stretch. Then roll your head to the other side and repeat the same exercise. Repeat on each side 5 times.
All of these face yoga routines can be performed in your spare time, even while watching TV. Since your facial muscles are tiny, you will see quick results. What are you waiting for, try these simple anti-aging facial exercises today!